Monday, March 7, 2011

Day 8: A Place You've Traveled To

Well I have done some traveling in my day! But there has been no trip like my trip to Bangkok, Thailand with my church during the summer of 06!!!! It was amazing there we were placed in the midst of a country we didn't know surrounded by people who all looked alike speaking a language that sounded like rap music.... We did a lot of outreach and even got to do the tourist thing. Some of my personal highlights were eating chicken butt and giant grasshoppers, praying over sick babies in a tree house/church in the middle of the jungle by candle light, singing worship in Thai... or trying to at least, helping out with an English camp where the schedule they gave us was written in Thai=constant confusion, going to breakfast at our hotel and getting the western breakfast that contained heart shaped hotdog pieces, our group always being too heavy for the elevator to work, singing Making Melodies in My Heart with my roommate Jess Chai while looking out over the Bangkok lights and teaching high five and pound... and Jesus to a bunch of beautiful Thai orphans..... and doing our puppet show for them.... and..... well there were so many amazing moments on that ten day trip that I had to go back the following summer for the whole summer... so there's no way to list them all here! But that's my story about Bangkok..... one of the best places in the world!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Love the picts! It sounds like an amazing trip. God is so good!

    ReplyDelete