Monday, March 21, 2011

Day 20: Nicknames


So most people know my nickname..... it's Buzzy.... The story behind it you ask? Well for the longest time I didn't even know.... and that's what I told people... well apparently my dad and brother gave it to me when I was young and it's stuck ever since... I told that one for years, What a let down to such a widely known nickname I know! But apparently my dad remembered some were along the way and I guess when I was a baby apparently I made a buzzing noise when I slept and so my dad and big brother started calling me that... awwww cute right, yeah back then! The problem is that is has stuck til this day. Many people call me that instead of my name... which when I was younger was actually the norm. I was not Alicia I was Buzzy. It sounded weird when people called me Alicia, that's how much it stuck... I would even introduce myself as Buzzy... believe me I got a lot of weird looks from unsuspecting people... they would say, "what, Buzzy... for real what's wrong with your parents." Yeah it was awesome. In college I pretty much got rid of it, but there are still a select few who still call me Buzzy and I don't mind when it's only a few people. Sure I've had a few other nicknames.. Turkey Turd, Turd Bird, Bass Chick, A Funk, B Dizzle, Bubbles, Basketball All Star Super Slam In Your Face Lightning Bolt Champion.... but none of them stuck like Buzzy. 

1 comment:

  1. Buzz buzz buzz buzz buzz buzz buzz buzz buzz!

    ReplyDelete